Open Studio Information
Open studio time is a great way to create in community with other artists! Open studio time does not offer formal instruction or facilitation, but the space will be supervised by Art Center staff. See each description below for more details.
- Open Studio times are subject to change based upon availability of facilitators, holiday closures, and equipment/building maintenance, and other factors. Typical Open Studio hours are 9AM-noon on Mon – Thurs weekly. If you are unsure of our hours, please call 217.223.5900 to confirm Open Studio is available.
- No instruction is offered by Art Center staff during Open Studio. This is meant to be social work time for artists, not an introductory class or workshop. For current classes, please check the Education tab for our current offerings.
- Payment for Open Studio is required prior to entry. Please either pay online or at the front desk upon your arrival; there is no credit system.
- Participants are expected to enter through the main doors on the east side of the building and pay for their day pass either online or at the front desk before heading into the studio to work.
- Participants are expected to bring their own supplies and projects to Open Studio. Non-consumable equipment will be available for participants, such as easels, pottery wheels, etc. Exclusions apply.
Clay Open Studio:
- Stoneware clay may be purchased from our inventory for $15 per 25-lb. bag.
- Firing and glazing is priced on a per-piece basis, depending on the size of pieces. Outside glazes are currently not accepted; all glazes must come from our inventory to keep our kiln clean and functional. For more information, please see our Drop-In Glazing policy or contact Rachel Roundtree, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.