The Quincy Art Center is seeking a dynamic new part-time team member. The Education Assistant will become a valuable part of the Art Center team and help ensure our mission is accessible to all throughout the community. They will help maintain the Art Center studio as a functional, organized, and creative environment, along with assisting in the creation and implementation of educational programs. The Education Assistant reports to and works directly with the Director of Education.
- Assist with creating a positive experience for students of all ages.
- Maintain art supply inventory and purchase supplies as needed, within budget.
- Organize, maintain, and clean studio facilities and equipment.
- Prepare supplies and materials for educational programs.
- Enter data and assist with educational clerical needs.
- Assist with community partnerships, engagement, and events offsite.
- Assist with curriculum development and implementation of Art Center programming.
- Assist with Art Center events.
- Assist with art advocacy.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Education.
- Basic knowledge of artistic fundamentals, 2D and 3D.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, outgoing, and team-oriented mentality to work with and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work within the budget and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on tasks and goals.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license or reliable mode of transportation.
- Ability to lift and move 40lbs.
- Be able to occasionally flex hours to accommodate programming needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in visual art is preferred, but not required.
- This position is part-time at $12 per hour.
- Simple IRA matching after 2 years of employment
- Free registration to Art Center classes, at the discretion of the Director of Education
This position is 20 hours per week. The majority of work hours will be scheduled during business hours. Weekend and evening hours will be scheduled to accommodate programming.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 10 images of original artwork created by the applicant, and 3 references to Director of Education, Elizabeth Swick, by mail at 1515 Jersey St. Quincy, IL 62301 or by email to email@example.com. Upon emailing the required documents, applicants will be emailed an Art Center Application form.
The Art Center encourages all those interested to apply. This position will remain open until a diverse pool of applicates have been acquired.